Salmon Pumpernickel Bites
Pumpernickel, with its subtle sweetness and hearty flavor, provides the perfect base for an appetizing bite of smoked salmon topped with a lemon-dill crème fraîche mixture. You can prepare all of the components ahead of time, but assemble just before serving. Recipe makes 32 bites. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3099
- 4 thin slice(s) pumpernickel bread, cut into 1 1/2-inch by 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1/2 cup(s) crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 8 ounce(s) smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and toast about 8 minutes or until crisp, flipping over halfway through baking. Let cool. Meanwhile, stir together crème fraîche, dill, lemon zest and salt. Top each piece of bread with a piece of salmon and a dollop of crème fraîche mixture. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note