- 1 (1-pound) fresh salmon fillet
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup cracker meal, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cup mixed salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 12 wedges
- Caper Tartar Sauce
How to Make It
Remove skin and bones from fillet; cut fish into 1-inch pieces.
Pulse parsley in a food processor until minced; add green onions, capers, and salmon, and pulse 3 to 4 times or until mixture resembles ground beef. Add egg, 3 tablespoons cracker meal, dillweed, and next 4 ingredients; pulse 3 to 4 times or until blended. Shape mixture into 8 patties. Dredge patties in remaining cracker crumbs, shaking off excess crumbs.
Sauté patties in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and 1/4 cup olive oil; pour over salad greens and tomatoes, tossing gently. Serve salmon patties over salad with Caper Tartar Sauce.