- 1 (14oz.) can pink salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cornmeal mix
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/3 cup allpurpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. Drain salmon; remove skin and bones, and flake. Place salmon in a medium bowl. Stir in egg and next 7 ingredients until blended.
- 2. Shape into patties and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This helps the patties keep their shape and not falling apart when frying. Remove from refrigerator and place in pan with hot oil. Flatten slightly with a spatula. Fry about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned and heated through.
- 3.Drain on paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in a jellyroll pan in a 200 oven until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by FrankieP and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note