- 2 1/2 to 3 cups uncooked bow-tie or rotelle pasta
- 1 cup asparagus pieces
- 1 cup salmon flakes (broiled or grilled salmon, broken into flakes, with no bones or skin)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped or slivered
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dillweed or 1/6 tsp dried dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- calories (1/4 recipe): 197
- fat 5.6 g
- satfat 1 g
- sodium 265 mg
- cholesterol 31.6 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: about 15 minutes
Cook the pasta until al dente (about 8 minutes), rinse, and drain well. While the pasta is cooking, microwave or steam the asparagus for 3 minutes and broil the salmon.
Combine the cooked pasta, asparagus, salmon flakes, and green onions, if desired (reserve some for garnish), in a large serving bowl; toss to mix.
Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss. Add black pepper to taste and sprinkle with green onions and capers, if you like.
Chill the completed pasta salad in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve it, or eat it right away.
TIP: Serve orange or tomato slices to play up the flavors of this creamy, tangy salad.
How kids can help: Break asparagus spears into pieces; combine salad ingredients; measure and stir dressing ingredients; toss the salad.