Salmon (or Ham) Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- salmon or ham
- 4 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrot $
- 11/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 c pasta water
- 2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- (if substituting ham smokey gouda can be used)
- 5 oz leftover baked salmon or ham
- Cooking spray
- leftover pff pastry dough cut into 2-3 inch squares.
- 1. Preheat oven to 400
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain over frozen peas and carrots ,Saving pasta water. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute add pasta water milk (mixed with flour and mustard),cream cheese, ; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.ntill cheese melts and sauce begins to thicken
- 3. Remove pan from heat. Stir in noodles, peas, 1/8cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and salmon.. Spoon mixture into a shallow broiler-safe baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. and puff pastry sqares Bake at 400 for 20mintes . Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- If not using puff pastry baking not necessary, serve from stove. Top with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LCherry and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salmon (or Ham) Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes