Salmon Noodle Bowl
Yield: Makes 2 servings (serving size: 2 1/4 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 492
- Fat: 21.9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 783mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 4 ounces soba buckwheat noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 5 ounces asparagus, cut in thirds
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-oz) salmon fillet, skin off, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1-2 limes (3 TBSP juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 ounces cucumber, skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1. Cook the noodles in boiling water until soft (about 6 minutes for soba, 8 for spaghetti). Transfer with tongs to a strainer. Add asparagus to same boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 2 minutes); rinse under cold water.
- 2. Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Cook the salmon until cooked through, turning pieces (about 2-3 minutes per side). Reserve.
- 3. Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together sesame oil, lime zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Combine the noodles, asparagus, and vinaigrette in a medium serving bowl.
- 4. Add the cucumber and avocado; toss to coat. Just before serving, add salmon. Serve warm or at room temperature, or make up to 4 hours ahead and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note