Yield: 18 to 24 appetizer servings
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can red salmon, undrained
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup commercial sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- Cooked shell pasta
- Green onions, blanched and cut into strips
- Assorted crackers
- Drain salmon, reserving liquid; add water to salmon liquid to yield 1/2 cup. Combine salmon liquid and gelatin in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Remove skin and bones from salmon, and discard; flake salmon.
- Place gelatin mixture, salmon, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic salt, dill weed, pepper, and parsley in container of an electric blender; process until smooth. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 5-cup fish mold. Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto a serving tray. Garnish with aspic, cooked pasta, and green onion strips; sprinkle with paprika as desired. Serve with assorted crackers.
- Note: Recipe may also be prepared in a food processor. Position knife blade in processor bowl; add ingredients. Process until smooth, and proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note