I agree with the previous reviewer. I have gotten raves for this at parties. I also have not been successful unmolding it, so I just make it in an attractive serving dish and serve it as a dip. If you do this as well, skip the plastic wrap since you won't be unmolding it.
A blender is best for transforming the cottage cheese to the silky texture necessary for this savory appetizer mousse. Serve with crackers for an open house or cocktail party.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 45
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 221mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely flaked drained canned skinless, boneless pink salmon (about 1 1/2 [6-ounce] cans)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Cooking spray
- Sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup boiling water, stirring with a whisk until gelatin dissolves; cool 15 minutes. Stir in onion and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper), stirring with a whisk. Chill 20 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Place cottage cheese in a blender; process until smooth. Add gelatin mixture and mayonnaise; process until well combined. Spoon cheese mixture into a large bowl; fold in salmon and chopped dill.
- Coat a 4-cup loaf pan or metal mold with cooking spray; line with plastic wrap. Spoon salmon mixture into prepared pan; cover with plastic wrap. Chill overnight or until set. Invert pan onto a platter; remove plastic wrap.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note