Salmon Kebobs with Quinoa and Grapefruit Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 grapefruit
- 8 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 3/4 cup(s) quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1 small seeded serrano chile minced
- 2 scallions (white and green parts) minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 1/2 pound(s) sinless, center cut salmon in 2" cubes
- wooden skewers, soaked
- Strip the peel from the grapefruit with a vegetable peeler, taking care not to include the bitter white pith. Warm the grapefruit peel, ginger, and olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. As soon as the oil starts to bubble, after about 2 minutes, remove from heat. Set the oil aside to steep for 30 minutes. Strain and reserve the oil.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa in a bowl and drain. Put the quinoa in a small saucepan with the water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Boil over high heat, and then reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Set aside off the heat, undisturbed, for 5 minutes. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and fluff with a fork. Cool.
- Segment the grapefruit over a bowl, reserving the segments and juice separately. Whisk 3 tablespoons of the grapefruit juice with the vinegar, honey, and salt to taste in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons of the reserved grapefruit oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a stream to make a slightly thick dressing. Season with pepper to taste.
- Toss quinoa with the dressing, pepper, chiles, scallions, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat a stovetop or outdoor grill to high heat. Thread the salmon cubes onto the skewers. Brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon grapefruit oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the skewers, turning as each side browns but the salmon is still moist, about 3 minutes.
- Toss the grapefruit segment into the salad, divide among 4 plates, and top with the salmon kebobs. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 6
- Calories: 401; Fat: 23 g; Carbohydrates: 20g; Protein: 27g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margow2108 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salmon Kebobs with Quinoa and Grapefruit Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes