Notes: Fresh salmon caviar (ikura), available at Japanese grocery stores, has the most delicate flavor, but you can also use canned salmon caviar. Wasabi paste is also in Japanese markets and many supermarkets.
Sunset JANUARY 1999
1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring broth, 2 cups water, and fettuccine to a boil; cook, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite, about 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, rinse caviar in cold water and drain well in a fine strainer.
3. Blend cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water until smooth.
4. Stir cornstarch mixture, yogurt, and wasabi with pasta, then stir until boiling again. Add salmon and stir gently just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Serve pasta in bowls and garnish with salmon caviar.
Go to full version of