- 3 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 12 ounces boned, skinned salmon fillet, rinsed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups lightly packed rinsed, stemmed spinach leaves (about 2 oz.)
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper
- calories 246
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- protein 31 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 1.9 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- sodium 191 mg
- cholesterol 156 mg
How to Make It
In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring broth to a boil. Add ginger, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover, and cook to flavor broth, about 10 minutes. Remove ginger chunks with a slotted spoon or a fine strainer.
Add salmon and simmer until chunks are opaque but still moist-looking in the center (cut to test), about 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir just until wilted.
Increase heat to bring broth back to a boil and slowly stir in eggs. Stir in green onions and add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle soup into bowls immediately.