Delicious. I didn't have endive so I served just as a dip with crackers.
Salmon and Dill Spread
Turn canned red salmon into an elegant appetizer with the help of smoked salmon, cream cheese, and fresh dill. Serve Salmon and Dill Spread atop endive leaves for a striking presentation.
More From Allyou
Chill: 2 Hours
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Sodium: 472mg
- 1 14.75-oz. can red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- 3 heads endive
- 1. In a food processor, puree canned salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice and zest until smooth, stopping and scraping down sides of work bowl a few times. Add smoked salmon and dill; pulse just to combine, taking care not to puree completely. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days. When ready to serve, separate leaves of endive and spoon or pipe 1 heaping Tbsp. spread onto wide end of each leaf. Serve right away, or cover and chill for up to 6 hours. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This