I love these! So easy to do. I couldn't find any crème fraîche so I used Creama instead. I also didn't use dill as I didn't have any and am not a fan of it any way. These little guys were still scrumptious. The lemon and cream mixture complimented the coolness of the cucumber and the saltiness of the salmon perfectly! Of course, the salmon you use is important. I tried several but finally found a brand that is not to salty or fishy tasting and it was PERFECT for this recipe. So glad I found it; the recipe and the salmon!
Salmon and Cucumber Bites
More From Health
- Calories: 14
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 21mg
- Calcium: 2mg
- 1 (12-inch) cucumber
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces crème fraîche
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces pre-packaged smoked salmon, cut into inch-long strips
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped, for garnish
- 1. Peel and slice cucumber into 1/4-inch slices.
- 2. In a bowl, mix lemon zest, lemon juice, crème fraîche, and pepper.
- 3. To assemble, top a cucumber slice with a strip of salmon, a dollop (about 1/2 tsp) of crème fraîche mixture, and garnish with dill.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note