Easy and delicious! Not a fan of salmon, so I used chicken. Not a lot of ingredients, kid friendly.
Salmon and Corn Chowder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium red potatoes (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (thawed, if frozen)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds), skinned and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and potato, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add broth, and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 5 minutes or just until potato is tender.
- 2. Stir in corn and next 4 ingredients; return to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Add salmon, and simmer 4 minutes or just until fish flakes. Add lemon juice and fresh herbs; season with additional sea salt and pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews