Salmon Cakes with Dill Sauce
Prep: 25 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes; Total Time: 40 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 salmon cakes and 1/4 cup yogurt sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 387
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 41g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 431mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- 2 cups leftover salmon, broken into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups leftover wheat berries
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 4 large egg whites, divided
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup 2% Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- 4 teaspoons pickled ginger
- 1. Mix salmon, wheat berries, whole-wheat breadcrumbs, and 3 egg whites. Form into 8 patties; chill for 15 minutes. Dip cakes in remaining egg white and dredge in panko.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Combine yogurt, dill, and lemon juice; set aside.
- 3. Bake salmon cakes in middle of oven for 15 minutes or until heated through and tops are golden. Preheat broiler; brown tops of cakes for 10–20 seconds. Serve with cucumbers, pickled ginger, and dill sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes