Salmon Cakes with Cilantro-Ginger Aioli
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 589
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 922mg
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- 1 3/4 pounds boned, skinned salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese hot mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- Cilantro-Ginger Aioli
- 1. In a food processor, working in batches, pulse salmon just until finely chopped. Scrape into a bowl.
- 2. Add cornmeal, shallots, mayonnaise, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, ginger, and five spice to salmon. Gently shape mixture into 10 equal patties about 3 inches wide and 3/4 inch thick; set slightly apart on a sheet of waxed paper or foil.
- 3. Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat; when hot, add half the cakes and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides and opaque but still moist-looking in the center (cut to test), 6 to 8 minutes total. As cakes are cooked, transfer to an ovenproof platter and keep warm in a 200° oven. Add remaining tablespoon oil to pan and cook remaining cakes.
- 4. Serve with Cilantro-Ginger Aioli.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes