Made this with canned salmon as a last-minute dinner, and it was delicious! I put both the salmon cakes & grilled asparagus atop mixed greens, and my husband said it looked like something you'd get in a restaurant. It's definitely going into my file of favorite recipes!
Salmon Cakes on Greens with Lemon-Ginger Dressing
Mix Salmon Cakes in a food processor for smoother, more uniform patties.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot Chinese or Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 pounds skinless salmon fillet, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons peanut or light olive oil
- Grilled asparagus
- Lemon-Ginger Dressing
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, torn
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl. Add salmon, stirring until well blended.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of salmon mixture into hot skillet, pressing with a spatula to form patties. Sauté in batches for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine asparagus and 1/2 cup Lemon-Ginger Dressing in a container. Marinate at least 30 minutes. Grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) until crisp-tender.
- Arrange asparagus on lettuce on serving plates. Top with 2 salmon patties. Serve with remaining dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes