Baking potatoes aid in the heartiness of these crispy Salmon Cakes.
More From Allyou
Chill: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 452
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 547mg
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 14.75-oz. can pink salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, fish flaked
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water and add 1 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; mash with butter until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 2. Stir salmon, dill, parsley and scallions into potato mixture. Taste; add additional salt and pepper, if desired. Beat 1 egg; stir into potato mixture. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Divide mixture into 6 pieces; shape into disks. Beat remaining egg. Place flour and bread crumbs in shallow bowls. Coat a disk with flour, dusting off excess, dip in egg, then dip into bread crumbs; pat to adhere. Repeat with remaining disks. (Cakes may be kept covered and chilled for up to 2 days.)
- 4. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches, fry cakes until heated through, 7 to 8 minutes per side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note