Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs (plus 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 whole(s) scallion sliced thinly
- 1 whole(s) small shallot
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 pound(s) skinless salmon filet cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) grapeseed oil
- 1. Combine 3 tablespoons panko, parsley, mayo, lemon juice, scallion, shallot, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne in a bowl.
- 2. Working in 3 batches, pulse salmon in a food processor until coarsely chopped into 1/4" pieces (about 2 pulses), transferring each batch to bowl with panko mixture. Gently mix until combined.
- 3. Place remaining 3/4 cup panko in a pie plate or shallow dish. Using 1/3 cup measure, scoop level amount of salmon mixture and transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat to make 8 cakes. Carefully coat each cake in bread crumbs, gently patting into a disk (about 1" high). Return coated cakes to the baking sheet.
- 4. Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Place salmon cakes in skillet and cook without moving until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip cakes and cook until second side is golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Transfer cakes to paper-towel lined plate to drain 1 minute and then serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salmon Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes