So good! I used 1 tsp of Chipolte chili powder.
Salmon Burritos with Chile-Roasted Vegetables
We replaced the usual rice with pan-roasted sweet potatoes, onions, and poblano chiles, giving this burrito a healthy dose of fiber as well as heart-protecting micronutrients such as carotenoids (in the sweet potatoes), flavonoids (onions), folic acid (cabbage), and omega-3 fatty acids (salmon). Prep and Cook Time: about 45 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 325
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Sodium: 852mg
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground dried chiles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound boned salmon fillet (about 1 in. thick)
- 1 large Garnet or Jewel sweet potato, peeled, quartered lengthwise, then sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise, then sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 fresh poblano chile, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 6 whole-wheat flour tortillas (10 in. wide), warmed
- Chopped cilantro, shredded cabbage, low-fat sour cream, and lime wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line two 12- by 15-inch baking pans with aluminum foil.
- 2. Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, ground dried chiles, and salt.
- 3. Rinse salmon and pat dry. Brush flesh side of salmon with 2 tablespoons of the lime-chile marinade. Set aside.
- 4. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potato, zucchini, onion, and chile with the remaining marinade. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on the baking pans.
- 5. Roast vegetables for 10 minutes, then add salmon, skin side down, to one pan and return to oven. Continue roasting until potatoes are tender when pierced and salmon is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 6. Remove skin from salmon and slice fillet into six equal portions.
- 7. Spoon vegetable mixture equally onto warm tortillas. Top each with a piece of salmon and a little cilantro, cabbage, and sour cream. Fold tortilla over the filling. Serve with more sour cream and the lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes