- 1 pound skinless center-cut salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots (about 1 small)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- calories 372
- fat 16 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- monofat 5.9 g
- polyfat 5.8 g
- protein 27.3 g
- carbohydrate 28.2 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- cholesterol 67 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 569 mg
- calcium 92 mg
How to Make It
Place 1/4 pound salmon, 1 tablespoon mustard, and rind in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon puree into a large bowl. Place remaining 3/4 pound salmon in food processor; pulse 6 times or until coarsely chopped. Fold chopped salmon, tarragon, shallots, salt, and pepper into puree. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Cover and chill until ready to grill.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon mustard and honey in a small bowl, and set aside.
Combine arugula, onion, juice, and oil in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Lightly coat both sides of burgers with cooking spray. Place patties on a grill rack; grill 2 minutes. Carefully turn patties, and grill for an additional 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons honey mixture, 1/4 cup arugula mixture, and top half of bun.