Sorry, I like tarragon, but not in this recipe. I felt it was over powering, also I could've left out the salt all together; a little too salty and somewhat dry (that could've been my fault, letting them cook too long).
For best results, choose salmon from the meaty center of the fish and avoid portions cut from the tail section (where the body starts to taper). Tail-end flesh contains more connective tissue than center-cut fillets. Use black sesame seed buns, if available.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 569mg
- Calcium: 92mg
- 1 pound skinless center-cut salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots (about 1 small)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- 1. Place 1/4 pound salmon, 1 tablespoon mustard, and rind in a food processor; process until smooth. Spoon puree into a large bowl. Place remaining 3/4 pound salmon in food processor; pulse 6 times or until coarsely chopped. Fold chopped salmon, tarragon, shallots, salt, and pepper into puree. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Cover and chill until ready to grill.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 3. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon mustard and honey in a small bowl, and set aside.
- 4. Combine arugula, onion, juice, and oil in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 5. Lightly coat both sides of burgers with cooking spray. Place patties on a grill rack; grill 2 minutes. Carefully turn patties, and grill for an additional 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons honey mixture, 1/4 cup arugula mixture, and top half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches