- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Red Pepper Rémoulade
How to Make It
Sauté first 5 ingredients in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Place onion mixture in a bowl.
Add salmon to skillet; cook, covered, 9 minutes or until almost done. Remove to a plate, and let stand 20 minutes. Flake salmon; stir into onion mixture.
Whisk together baking mix, eggs, and milk in a large bowl just until blended; stir in salmon mixture.
Drop salmon mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan in a 200° oven. Serve with Red Pepper Rémoulade.