Salmon Avocado Tacos
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 503
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 435mg
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- 1 boned salmon fillet with skin (1 in. thick, 2 lb.)
- 1 onion (6 oz.), cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 in.)
- Avocado salsa
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or queso fresco
- 1. Place salmon in a heavy-duty plastic food bag. Add onion, lime juice, garlic, pepper, and oil. Seal bag. Turn fish often for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, stack the tortillas and seal in foil.
- 3. Cut a piece of heavy-duty foil the same size as salmon. Lift fish from marinade and place skin down on foil.
- 4. Lay foil with fish on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium coals or gas grill on medium (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds). Evenly distribute onion from marinade over fish. Close lid on grill; open vents for charcoal.
- 5. After 5 minutes, place tortilla packet next to salmon. Turn tortillas every few minutes. Cook until salmon is no longer translucent but is still moist-looking in center (cut to test) and tortillas are hot in center, about 8 minutes more.
- 6. Pull off salmon skin and discard. Cut fish into 1-inch chunks and put in a bowl.
- 7. To assemble tacos, wrap chunks of salmon, salsa, cabbage, and feta in tortillas. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note