Great flavor, a bit tedious to make.
Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
This savory salad epitomizes the concept of fresh food fast. It's quick and easy and loaded with flavorful ingredients such as crisp-tender asparagus, perfectly cooked pink salmon, red onion, and a refreshing lemon juice–based vinaigrette. It received our highest Test Kitchens rating.
Prep: 3 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 24.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 333mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) skinless salmon fillet
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus from water with tongs or a slotted spoon, reserving water in pan. Plunge asparagus into ice water; drain and set aside.
- 3. Return reserved water to a boil. Add orzo, and cook according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 4. While orzo cooks, sprinkle fillet evenly with salt and pepper. Place fish on a foil-lined broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Using 2 forks, break fish into large chunks. Combine fish, orzo, asparagus, onion, and Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette in a large bowl; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads