This is an awesome recipe! Everyone loves it and so easy to prepare.
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 large onion, chopped and divided (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- Sauté half of chopped onion in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Combine onion mixture, beef, next 4 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Shape into 6 patties.
- Cook patties in remaining 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned. (Do not cook until done.) Remove patties and set aside.
- Add remaining half of chopped onion to drippings in skillet, and sauté over medium heat until tender; add mushrooms, and sauté 3 minutes. Whisk in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute; whisk in wine, broth, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Place patties in a lightly greased baking dish; top evenly with gravy.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until done.
- Note: To reheat, bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This