Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 patty and 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 275
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 28.6g
- Carbohydrate: 10.1g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 740mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 (0.8-ounce) slice light white bread, torn into large pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef consommé, divided
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until course crumbs measure 1/3 cup. Combine crumbs, beef, egg, and onion in a bowl. Shape into 6 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer patties to a platter, and keep warm.
- 3. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add beef consommé, reserving 1 tablespoon. Add mushroom soup and pepper; stir well to combine. Add patties. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 4. Combine reserved 1 tablespoon consommé and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes