Easy. Tasty. Enough dressing so the salad wasn't dry. Goes superbly with the cheesy mini meatloafs.
Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 63
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Sodium: 94mg
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5-ounce) package herb salad
- 1 cup carrot ribbons
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced shallots, and Dijon in a large bowl. Stir in sugar and salt. Add herb salad, carrot ribbons, and red onion; toss.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light January, 2011 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note