- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), undrained
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette
- 12 cups gourmet salad greens
- calories 202
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 6 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 1.6 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 9.4 g
- carbohydrate 27.9 g
- fiber 7.1 g
- cholesterol 17 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 509 mg
- calcium 169 mg
How to Make It
Place goat cheese in freezer 10 minutes or until firm.
Drain chickpeas in a colander over a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Combine 2 tablespoons chickpeas, liquid, vinegar, and next 7 ingredients (vinegar through pepper) in a blender; process until smooth. Reserve remaining chickpeas for salad.
Cut goat cheese into 6 rounds. Place bread slices on a baking sheet; broil 2 minutes or until toasted. Top each bread slice with a goat cheese round; broil 1 minute or until lightly browned.
Combine the vinaigrette, remaining chickpeas, and salad greens in a bowl, and toss well. Serve with goat cheese croutons.