Green Salad with Chicken and Pink Grapefruit
We used rotisserie chicken for this fresh winter salad, but it's also a great way to put a new spin on leftover chicken. If you don't have grapefruit, oranges would also be good.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 490
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Sodium: 645mg
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- 1 qt. arugula
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cubed or sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shaved fennel
- 3/4 cup toasted, salted pistachios
- 3 large Ruby grapefruit
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Put arugula and romaine in a large serving bowl. Top greens with chicken, fennel, and pistachios.
- 2. Cut the peel and outer white membrane from 2 grapefruit. Slice grapefruit into half moons and add to salad.
- 3. Juice remaining grapefruit into a bowl. Add oil, sugar, salt, and pepper to juice and whisk together. Pour over salad and toss gently to mix.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This