Salad of Spring Vegetables with Green Pea Vinaigrette
My inspiration for this salad comes from early spring trips to the farmers market. What I put in the salad depends on what the farmers are selling, but this is my favorite combination. Fresh-roasted baby golden beets would also be a good addition. Prep: 25 minutes, Cook: 8 minutes.
- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled and trimmed, leaving a small amount of green stems
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and split in half lengthwise, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, washed and drained
- Green Pea Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons fresh herb leaves (such as parsley, chervil, mint, and tarragon)
- 1. Blanch carrots in a large pot of salted boiling water 2 minutes or just until tender and bright orange. Remove from water immediately with a slotted spoon, and place in ice-cold water to stop the cooking process. Let carrots cool completely; remove from water, and let drain.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Combine onions, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Grill onions, turning frequently, 6 minutes or until slightly charred. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- 4. Arrange lettuce leaves on a large platter or individual serving plates, and top with carrots and grilled onions. Drizzle with Green Pea Vinaigrette, and top with fresh herb leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This