- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled and trimmed, leaving a small amount of green stems
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and split in half lengthwise, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, washed and drained
- Green Pea Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons fresh herb leaves (such as parsley, chervil, mint, and tarragon)
How to Make It
Blanch carrots in a large pot of salted boiling water 2 minutes or just until tender and bright orange. Remove from water immediately with a slotted spoon, and place in ice-cold water to stop the cooking process. Let carrots cool completely; remove from water, and let drain.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine onions, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Grill onions, turning frequently, 6 minutes or until slightly charred. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
Arrange lettuce leaves on a large platter or individual serving plates, and top with carrots and grilled onions. Drizzle with Green Pea Vinaigrette, and top with fresh herb leaves.