Salad of Grilled Asparagus and Spinach
- 1 pound(s) asparagus, trimmed
- 7 ounce(s) baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 ounce(s) Roquefort or other blue cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) walnut halves, toasted
- 3 tablespoon(s) walnut oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1. Peel the lower half of the asparagus stems. In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
- 2. Preheat grill and grill asparagus, about 5 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, crumble half of the cheese, then crush with a fork. Mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and the mustard to loosen the cheese. Stir in the vinegar, then whisk in the walnut oil and remaining olive oil.
- 4. Season the dressing with salt and pepper, then add the spinach leaves and toss to coat. Add a handful of toasted walnuts. Divide the spinach between 4 serving plates.
- 5. Cut each asparagus spear in two and arrange on top of the spinach. Top with the remaining cheese, crumbled, and the remaining walnuts. Drizzle with a bit more walnut oli to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note