Salad of Grilled Asparagus and Spinach
fast and pretty asparagus salad from Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food WS Journal Associated Press
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) asparagus, trimmed
- 7 ounce(s) baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 ounce(s) Roquefort or other blue cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) walnut halves, toasted
- 3 tablespoon(s) walnut oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1. Peel the lower half of the asparagus stems. In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
- 2. Preheat grill and grill asparagus, about 5 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, crumble half of the cheese, then crush with a fork. Mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and the mustard to loosen the cheese. Stir in the vinegar, then whisk in the walnut oil and remaining olive oil.
- 4. Season the dressing with salt and pepper, then add the spinach leaves and toss to coat. Add a handful of toasted walnuts. Divide the spinach between 4 serving plates.
- 5. Cut each asparagus spear in two and arrange on top of the spinach. Top with the remaining cheese, crumbled, and the remaining walnuts. Drizzle with a bit more walnut oli to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note