More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 483
- Calories from fat: 73%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 727mg
- Cholesterol: 251mg
- 8 cups (8 oz.) frisée or tender inner curly endive leaves, rinsed and crisped
- About 1/4 pound French bread, sliced and toasted
- 1/2 pound side bacon, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 to 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Tear frisée into bite-size pieces and place in a wide salad bowl.
- 2. Tear bread into 1/2-inch chunks and scatter over the greens.
- 3. Put bacon in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat and stir often until browned and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to towels to drain.
- 4. Break eggs into drippings in pan, and when whites are firm on the bottom, slide a spatula under each egg and, if desired, carefully turn over. Cook until whites are no longer clear, about 1 minute total. With spatula, transfer eggs to a plate (place side by side); keep warm.
- 5. Quickly discard all but 2 tablespoons fat from pan. Turn heat to high, add vinegar and mustard, and whisk until mixture boils.
- 6. Pour hot dressing over frisee and bread, add bacon, and mix. Spoon into wide bowls and top each serving with a hot egg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes