This was a great salad and incorporated so many wonderful vegetables! The dressing was so good, too, and will be great on other salads as well. The only changes I made was I left out the chickpeas (didn't have them) and substituted fresh basil for the mint since I didn't have mint. Other than that, I made as directed. I will definitely make this again!
Market Salad with Goat Cheese and Champagne-Shallot Vinaigrette
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 17 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 40.1g
- Fiber: 10.5g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 2 medium beets (about 3/4 pound)
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Wrap beets in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven; cool. Trim off beet roots and stems; rub off skins. Cut each beet into 8 wedges.
- 3. Cook beans in boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain well. Combine beans and chickpeas in a medium bowl.
- 4. Combine shallots and the next 8 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add 2 tablespoons dressing to beets; toss well. Combine 2 tablespoons dressing and tomatoes in a bowl; toss gently to coat. Add the remaining 1/4 cup dressing to bean mixture; tossing well to combine. Place 3/4 cup bean mixture on each of 4 plates. Arrange 4 pieces each of beets and tomatoes around bean mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This