- 2 medium beets (about 3/4 pound)
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- calories 345
- fat 15.8 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 6.8 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 40.1 g
- fiber 10.5 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 3.2 mg
- sodium 370 mg
- calcium 161 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Wrap beets in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven; cool. Trim off beet roots and stems; rub off skins. Cut each beet into 8 wedges.
Cook beans in boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain well. Combine beans and chickpeas in a medium bowl.
Combine shallots and the next 8 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add 2 tablespoons dressing to beets; toss well. Combine 2 tablespoons dressing and tomatoes in a bowl; toss gently to coat. Add the remaining 1/4 cup dressing to bean mixture; tossing well to combine. Place 3/4 cup bean mixture on each of 4 plates. Arrange 4 pieces each of beets and tomatoes around bean mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.