Layered Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
The various colors and textures of Layered Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing make for a pretty presentation in a clear glass bowl. You can even prepare this layered salad a few hours in advance up until the point at which you add the dressing. Dress the layered salad no more than 10 minutes before serving.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Sodium: 795mg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peas
- 2 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 cups mesclun greens or mixed baby lettuces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 10 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder and chives until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add peas and boil until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, run peas under cold water and drain again. In a medium bowl, toss together squash and zucchini.
- 3. In a large bowl, layer peas, 3 cups greens, red bell peppers, scallions, squash-zucchini mixture, 3 cups greens, cucumber and tomatoes. Pour dressing over top and set aside until layers are soaked through, about 5 minutes. Before serving, top with sunflower seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note