- 1 (12-inch) ready-to-bake whole-wheat pizza crust
- 1/4 cup commercial pesto
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes packed without oil, chopped
- 1 cup chopped drained quartered artichoke hearts
- 4 pickled pepperoncini peppers, drained, stemmed, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- calories 289
- fat 13.6 g
- satfat 6.1 g
- monofat 1.6 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 12.1 g
- carbohydrate 32 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 813 mg
- calcium 155 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place crust on a large baking sheet. Spread pesto over crust to within 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle provolone cheese and remaining ingredients over pesto in the order given.
Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until crust is crisp. Cool 5 minutes; cut into 6 wedges.
ON THE SIDE: Bring home sliced cucumbers from the salad bar at your supermarket, and dress them with rice vinegar and a little salt. Some sesame seeds sprinkled on top are a nice garnish.