Sake Soy Guacamole
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
Time: 20 minutes. This is loosely based on a recipe from Hawaiian chef Alan Wong. Serve it with daikon sticks, radishes, or taro chips.
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 30
- Calories from fat: 80%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 66mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 ripe medium avocados, pitted
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh shiso leaves* (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork (leave slightly chunky). Stir in all other ingredients except sesame seeds. Sprinkle with the seeds.
- *An aromatic herb; find shiso at Asian markets.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers