Sake-Soy Grilled Ono with Pineapple Fried Rice
Marinate fish fillets - such as ono, swordfish, or wahoo - in a sake-soy mixture and grill for a super flavorful fish dinner. Reduce the marinade in a saucepan and drizzle over fish; serve with homemade pineapple-fried rice.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup medium-dry sake
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal olek (or garlic-chili paste)
- 4 (6-ounce) ono, swordfish, or wahoo fillets
- Pineapple Fried Rice
- Combine soy sauce and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add fish, and toss to coat. Cover and chill 20 minutes. Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce reduces to 1/4 cup; keep warm.
- Preheat grill. Place fish on a grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-hot heat. Grill, covered, 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with marinade reduction, and serve with Pineapple Fried Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note