- 1 package Jimmy Dean Sage Roll Sausage
- 4 1-inch thick pork loin rib chops (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Berry Sauce (recipe, below)
- 3 tablespoons roasted salted pistachio nuts
- Mint, for garnish, if desired
How to Make It
Heat oven to 350° F. Cut sausage roll into 8 slices. Spread one slice of sausage over top of each pork chop, evenly covering completely; turn chops; spread with remaining sausage slices. To make stuffing, mix cranberries, pistachio nuts, egg, and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Slice each pork chop horizontally to open. Stuff the inside of each pork chop with the dressing and place in oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until thermometer reaches 155° F. Spoon sauce over pork chops; sprinkle with pistachios. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Berry Sauce: In a small saucepan combine 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/4 cup dried cranberries. Cook over medium-low heat just until melted and heated through.