- 3 cups firmly packed fresh sage leaves (about 4 [1-oz.] packages)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 7 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cups olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- 2 (3 1/2- to 4-lb.) 6-rib bone-in pork loin roasts, chine bones removed
- Pear Chutney
How to Make It
Process sage, garlic, and 1 tsp. salt in a food processor 30 to 45 seconds or until finely chopped. Add oil and next 2 ingredients; process 10 to 15 seconds or until blended. Rub mixture over roasts. Cover and chill 10 to 12 hours.
Let roasts stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 500°. Place roasts on a lightly greased wire rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle remaining 6 tsp. salt over roasts.
Bake at 500° for 30 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 325°, and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portions registers 155°. Let roasts stand 30 minutes before serving with chutney.
Total time includes chutney.