Sage-Crusted Leg of Lamb with Pineapple-Pecan Salsa
Kosher salt is a coarse-grained salt. Many prefer its chunky texture over regular table salt.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) bone-in leg of lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pineapple-Pecan Salsa
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut about 16 slits (about 1/2" deep) into lamb; insert garlic slices and a small amount of seasoned oil into each slit. Rub remaining oil over entire surface of lamb.
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into thickest part of roast, making sure it does not touch bone or fat.
- Bake at 500° for 20 minutes; reduce temperature to 300°, and bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 150° (medium rare) or 160° (medium). Let stand 10 minutes. Slice lamb diagonally across the grain. Serve with Pineapple-Pecan Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note