Sage and Cheese Biscuits
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 biscuit)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 93
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 189mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk and cheese, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons flour over work surface. Turn dough out onto floured surface, and knead 10 to 12 times. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut into rounds using a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place rounds on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Serve warm.
- Tip: For baking success, use this method to correctly measure flour: Fluff the flour with a fork, lightly spoon it into a dry measuring cup, and level with a straight edge.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note