This was a nice hearty soup. It made a nice dinner for a cold winter night. I used my food processor to slice all the veggies and my stick blender to puree it -- very easy! I added some parmesan cheese for some extra flavor. My husband liked it too. Good meal for an everyday dinner. I'll definitely make it again.
Sage Butternut Squash Soup With Brown Rice
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bag SUCCESS Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (optional)
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes. Add squash, broth, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 25 minutes or until squash is tender. Let cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Process squash mixture, in batches, in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Return mixture to Dutch oven, and stir in evaporated milk, salt and pepper to taste, and, if desired, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage. Serve soup in individual bowls with a scoop of brown rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews