- 1 (3.5-ounce) bag SUCCESS Brown Rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (optional)
How to Make It
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Sauté onion and next 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes. Add squash, broth, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 25 minutes or until squash is tender. Let cool 10 minutes.
Process squash mixture, in batches, in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Return mixture to Dutch oven, and stir in evaporated milk, salt and pepper to taste, and, if desired, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage. Serve soup in individual bowls with a scoop of brown rice.