Sage-Apple Turkey Breakfast Sausage
One of these turkey sausage patties contains 66 percent less fat than a 1-ounce cooked pork sausage patty. After cooking the patties, you can freeze them in an airtight container and use as needed. Remove a frozen patty from the freezer, wrap it in a paper towel, and microwave at HIGH 30 seconds.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 73
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 232mg
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Calcium: 4mg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 5 ingredients; sauté 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat.
- . Combine onion mixture, turkey, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide mixture into 12 equal portions; shape each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- .Wipe out pan with paper towel. Heat pan over medium heat. Add half of patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and done. Remove from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining patties.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note