- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 6 small shallots, chopped
- 2 cups champagne
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add shallots, and saute 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in champagne, and cook 7 to 9 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in whipping cream, salt, pepper, and saffron; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding shallots and saffron.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note