- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (1-ounce) slice country or peasant bread, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- calories 209
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 5.7 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 5.3 g
- carbohydrate 35.9 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 397 mg
- calcium 40 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine potatoes, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; toss well. Arrange potatoes in a single layer in dish; set aside.
Bring water to a boil. Stir in tomato paste and saffron; remove from heat, and let stand 1 minute. Pour tomato mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover potatoes; stir. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until tender.
Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, almonds, and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until well-blended. Top potatoes with almond mixture; toss gently.