Outstanding! What leftover relish? The flavor was wonderful of the marinated pork and the relish was to die for. Served with spinach and rice; definately a keeper.
Saffron-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Pepper Relish
Marinate your pork tenderloin with elegant saffron and top with grilled pepper relish for a bright, exciting dinner idea.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces pork and 1/2 cup relish)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Carbohydrate: 11.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 653mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To prepare the pork, combine the first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in the refrigerator 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle pork with 3/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 18 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155° (slightly pink), turning occasionally. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- To prepare relish, place onion and bell peppers on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill onion 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill peppers 12 minutes or until blackened, turning occasionally. Place peppers in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel peppers; cut in half lengthwise. Discard seeds and membranes. Chop onion and peppers. Combine onion, peppers, basil, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve the relish with pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Saffron-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Pepper Relish Recipe at a Glance